Previously in this series, we considered:
1. Those who don’t know what to do and are not interested in knowing what to do.
Today, we consider another category of people you will meet as a mentor/teacher.
This category includes those who are willing or interested in making an impact or just accomplishing success in any area but do not have the necessary information that would turn their desires into results. This category is not difficult to work with.
1. They have the desire to learn, to know.
2. They lack adequate information on how to turn their desires into results.
3. They lack direction.
We live in a generation where lack of adequate info is not really the primary issue, but how to filter the information and know the ones that may apply to our situation. There is a deluge of relevant and irrelevant info everywhere, and the risk of being drowned in the sea of these materials is much. So, this category needs to be taught how to source information and filter relevant ones to them.
1. They need teachers, mentors, a guide, and a counsellor
2. Understand their needs, passions, aspirations
3. Help them to organise their passions into workable goals.
4. Together with them, define a path towards accomplishing their goals
5. Access to resources to help them know what they need to do to improve their lives.
6. Develop parameters to monitor progress. Progress must be measurable.
7. Be patient. Remember that what the person you are coaching has is zeal, but without knowledge. Acquisition of knowledge will test the zeal and passions they profess to have. It will take a while to master but they will eventually find answers.
Ask God to guide you as well.
Continue to read the third category.